Saturday, May 2, 2009

Momma Sam

Vintage Hem was truly inspired by my passion for romance and femininity. The women in my life blessed me with a rich heritage of talented women. My grandmothers are grand ladies that reared children and devoted their lives in service to their families and husbands.

My mother continued that legacy with her example of superfluous domestic talents oozing from her polished finger tips. My mother, Sam instilled the virtue of education in my heart and a love for service in my soul. Sam is a great example of rooting for the underdog and forgetting your troubles in their service of others. My mother has valiant love and faith never giving up and always pursuing the fearful endeavors of new life challenges. I admire her courage and fortitude, and most of all appreciate her example that when life gets hard you put your head down (beautifully coiffed of course) and get to work.

This beautiful woman I call mother gave me the gift of life and many talents to enrich it. I am so thankful for her continued love and support as I forge my own way into motherhood with 3 darling dollies and a little man on the way. I am grateful for the opportunity to be a mother. It is the best job in the world because of the diverse opportunities it allows you to explore. Without my little family to tend to I would be a complete mess blowing about the billows of the world. Family grounds me and inspires me to be better.

I am grateful for all the women who nurture me and educate me including friends many whom I have come to know through this fun endeavor Vintage Hem. As we celebrate Mother's Day, I praise all woman who love those around them including strangers in need and promote loving goodness in the world. You make the world a better place to be a part of it and for that I am ever grateful!


Happy Mother's Day 2009,

Jennifer Jensen Young

No comments: